Wednesday, June 17, 2009

a simple blouse

i have sewn clothes my whole life
use to be my own clothes and then markets and festivals

yesterday i finished 3 tops for a woman i know
she and i arent exactly friends
i like her very much ...yet we dont hang out

i will say that she is in a vulnerable place in her life right now

anyway she had given me 3 pieces of fabric and some buttons and the blouse she wanted me to copy a while back
and finally i had them done

i am sorry i have no pics as remembering the camera gets in the way of living in the moment at times
she tried on the first
just a plain sleeveless blouse
the fabric is blue green like her eyes with a gold stripe thru it
and i cut it on the bias to it hung so sweetly and and softly over her body
and she cried
not just a few tears
she actually cried and i hugged her while she cried
i guess she liked it i smile

the thing is she just gave me the stuff and instead of telling me what she wanted
she told a bit about her likes and left it to me
so i had fun
and that transfered
the other 2 blouses actually are more interesting and she loved them too by the way

1 comment:

 

yasmin