Wednesday, May 20, 2009

ken quilt

a couple of weeks ago i go to visit my dear friend and cohort erika
you all know her now and she makes
get this
french toast out of banana bread (home made) and bacon
and then she goes thru some bins of fabrics to find bits for me and the blankets (magic blankets see way below)
and pulling out some rust stained lace and torn bits she says now this would be the perfect ken blanket
ken being a mentor of ours and
a lover of the imperfect
a lover of rusty tin
a lover of old smelly tent canvas
by now my fingers are itchy from going all day without a needle in my hand we we go for it
poor erika has to run around finding needles
but i get to just go.....
so here is the thing
i make my little piece and post it last night
and a comment this morning
from ken on its loveliness
THANK YOU KEN

5 comments:

 

yasmin