Wednesday, April 1, 2009

love song to a friend

i love you because you are tall and i can find you anywhere
yet
my love for you isnt because around these parts you are famous

i do love your very most beautiful baskets of food when you go shopping
and
that you speak spanish to the cute gay cashier from panama
and
i love you because we both love those little boys so much
or
because in general i love americans
and
i dont love you because you sing like a very sexy angel
even tho
listening gives me shivers
and i do love listening
and in fact i do love you
but even without that

i do love you because you make a great salad
and you
bring me sushi

i love the songs you write and the way they astound me
and
the way you sing them astounds me more
yet because of thier depth and thereby your depth

i dont love you because your hair is so soft and pretty
or that you
play dressup with my fabrics
but i like those things about you

and
i love
the way you let me see you afraid and hurt and vulnerable
and
i love that my fears and crazy times dont make you afraid

i do love you because we speak the same language
and
that language is sometimes silent
and
sometimes has to wait for a cut of tea (even tho you dont love tea the way i do ...you do respect the ceremony)

and
i love the way i want to be a better person
because of your desire to be a better person

i love our talks about lilies and tulips
and
the way you let me be mean at times and still like me

i love that you called me today and that we both knew it was time

2 comments:

 

yasmin