Sunday, March 15, 2009

Take the A train

i guess the these thoughts came from rachel's words about sleeping lovers
thanks rachel

cause i have been thinking about sleeping with lovers
each and every one
how they are and how i am with them

when i started to sleep with PH he said he liked the way i was..keeping to myself... not attached to him....later he would climb into bed and get as close as he could calling for his little furnace
in those last years i remember us sleeping side by side holding hands

R who was more of a friend to me than a lover (well in some ways)
cuddled more perfectly
my bum tucked into his crotch
his arms holding me against him
even after we stopped being lovers and happened to sleep in the same bed he would hold me that way

tho years of being lovers
W and i only have slept together once
it was just plain uncomfortable i laugh

one lovely night D and i slept with two little boys between us
his arm across them to touch me
he had to leave early and we managed to wriggle out without waking them to whisper goodbye

i know long term couples who have given up on the same bed
even the same room

one night i slept with a french chef in his industrial kitchen on a blow up mattress it was a very "hot" night
and
he told me i must sleep with my head on his shoulder
he snored so loud tho
and would stop breathing every so often just long enough to scare me

one summer morning with a young lover we slept
the sweetest nap


sleeping at DFF's was like being in hell
the bedroom TV going all night
add the sound of the highway close to the window
and him waking to smoke
in the morning i was so tired i cried


and THE BOY
told me he knew he loved me because he slept so well with me
he would hold me too from behind
the side of his head on the side of mine
him whispering of his love for me
and of my beauty

another R and i slept well together tho not really touching
he was more attached to the cat i laugh
me waking to look at them
R's hand on the cats belly

and the cats
they sleep on either side of me the nights i am alone
leaving me a cotton lined tunnel

B's way of sleeping with me is a great part of his charm
he holds me
his hands on my breasts
as we drift
and we wake in the night to love and
again as it gets light
drifting off again

last night i slept alone
and this morning making myself waffles i listened to some long ella scats
A-train and some others
i danced in the kitchen with the joy of the music
and the thought of the tea and the waffles and maple syrup
with no thoughts of being alone
i smile

9 comments:

  1. I read Rachel's poem and I think I have read this post 5 or 6 times:). You share your life so well. I have been married 20 years -- all my old loves are so in the past and there weren't all that many...but your words make me remember.... I love the ending here -- I love Ella Fitzgerald and waffles and dancing in the kitchen.

    Christopher wanders around and leaves poetry places -- do you mind if I leave a poem here that you inspired? You can delete this comment and I won't be at all offended...


    What about the one never touched
    the one who sleeps
    so quietly
    inside your heart
    the vibrations singing singing
    in the early morning so far away
    never touched
    each word you wear on your skin
    like a scar you never want to heal
    The imagined hands?
    The heat of the sun?
    The wooded walks always
    alone and yet always together
    how many days to heal
    this broken part?
    How many moons to rise
    and how many birds
    to sing his name so early?
    What about the one never touched
    who touched so deeply?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tales, and a lovely poem from Faith too! Aah, I feel so soothed now. And I loved your ending, waking alone and not concerned about it, enjoying the morning, Ella and the waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i DO love this poem on SO many levels caw caw

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. he himself fantasized
    down roads
    he wished
    with her travelled.
    they danced
    with others
    a wet waltz
    in a cave
    with
    large pillows.

    positioned,
    oh, how they loved
    position,
    directed
    to the point
    of bliss
    as was
    their want.

    shaken
    hard
    thinking
    vapour steam
    vision of her
    filled
    and quite
    fulfilled
    spending spent time
    alone together.

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin